Over on Github I have a repository collecting a number of little scripts I’ve whipped up over the last 10+ years because I needed to solve a problem or flex my coding muscles.
Here are a few highlights
- Treesearch — Highly optimized treesearch function library in native Python.
- HTTPing — Like ping but tests a host by trying to make HTTP requests instead of pings.
- pssh — Silently ping a host until is available and then start an ssh session
- perspectiveCalc — Uses OpenCV to calculate the unwarping matrix of an image taken at an off angle.
- sshcast — Uses SCP to fetch music files from a remote server and then plays them. Files are cached locally so they don’t have to be downloaded again.
- Ohm — Ohm’s law calculator with REPL
- mp3shrink — A transcoding utility
- download— A recursive web downloading tool.
- replace — Does find and replace recursively in all files in a directory
- indexMaker — Generate a static but HTML correct index for a folder.
I am always adding new scripts. I hope someone else may find one or two of them useful as well.